Committing to know and grow with God. Together.
Join a group today!
Josh & Corrine Weece
Tuesdays at 6:30pm in Whiting
Dave & Nancy Carlson
Sunday Evenings in Moorhead
John & kate Garred
Sundays at 6pm in Whiting
Steve & Jeni Snyder
Wednesday Evenings in Whiting
Ken & carolyn Carlson
Beginning January 7th!
Larry Lage • Men's Group
Thursdays 2pm at the Church
Jed Shermer • Men's Group
Thursday Morning Breakfast
Amy Merritt • Women's Group
Sundays at 4pm at the Church
You can find out all of the details for each of these groups by emailing us or giving us a call at 712.455.2550!
Otherwise, feel free to go ahead and sign up right here and we'll be sure to connect you with your leader!
What is Life Group?
A Life Group is a small group of people who share the Christian life together by studying the Bible and building relationships to gain strength for life.
The four key components to our Life Groups are to:
- Learn God's Word and grow your faith in an inviting atmosphere.
- Build life-supporting friendships with others.
- Gain opportunities to give and receive love and encouragement.
- Serve together impacting both the church and community.
Group members are expected to attend regularly. Study prior to each meeting is not required; however, it greatly benefits both the individual and the group. No one will be put on the spot to share or pray.
Most of the Life Groups meet during the school year (September - April) with a December break. However, some meet throughout the entire year. The formal sign up time is in late August, however our groups are always open for new people and we will find a Life Group that will work for you.
Our Life Group leaders are required to be equipped and trained. We are confident that you will find them enjoyable and knowledgeable. Life Groups are a fun and exciting way to learn God’s Word, challenge us to apply God’s principles, and build friendships that will last a life-time!
- Acts 2:42-47 "They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."
- Matthew 28:18-20 "Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth as been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you, and surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
- Outreach/Assimilation: Each newly formed group has room to assimilate prospects for evangelism, new members, or uninvolved individuals to be shepherded and cared for by the whole group.
- Study: Learn God’s Word and grow your faith in an inviting atmosphere.
- Relationship/Fellowship: A sense of closeness to Christian brothers & sisters that are focused on mutual spiritual growth.
- Applying: Consistent New Testament principles.
- Vulnerability: To be open and honest regarding one's need for support, encouragement and prayer from others in the group.