What is Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered and Bible-based 12 step recovery program that is committed to confidentiality and anonymity for all who attend. The purpose is to focus on God’s healing power through fellowship with others. By working the 12 steps and the 8 Beatitude Principles, small groups open up, share experiences, and explore hope. In this way, we become willing to accept God’s grace in solving our problems.
Who needs it?
Anyone can participate in Celebrate Recovery. Anyone ready to start a new life – men & women – the guilty, sad, compulsive – the churched and un-churched – the addicted and their families – anyone in need of recovery.
How does Celebrate Recovery work?
This tried and proved recovery system uses the traditional methods of issue groups, sponsors, accountability partners, and special occasions to build recovery for those struggling with addictive habits, codependency, childhood hurts, and other life experiences that affect our peace. In CR groups, the walking wounded study, pray, share, and take the steps necessary to experience a better life.
Secrets of Successful Recovery
Perhaps you are wondering why Celebrate Recovery is so successful… there are three reasons why this approach is special:
- Jesus Christ is the “Highest Power.”
- We are totally committed to confidentiality and anonymity.
- Small groups are led by real people who have been through recovery with Him.
- The principles and methods applied are built upon Biblical Truths.
To find out more about the history of Celebrate Recovery and to learn more about the curriculum we use please visit www.celebraterecovery.com
How do I participate?
We meet every Thursday night at 7pm in the fellowship hall at Whiting Christian Church. Remember Celebrate Recovery is for anyone, so to get started all you need to do is just show up!
- Large Group - 7:00p - 7:30p - Join us for a time of worship, testimonies and teachings on the twelve steps and recovery principles.
- Small Groups - 7:30p - 8:30p - At the conclusion of our Large Group meeting, we will break up into gender specific small groups for more in-depth discussions. These groups will provide more in-depth sharing of similar struggles. Teachings from Large Group or devotional readings will be used to initiate sharing. Participants are encouraged to comment, read or just listen. You are welcome to come and not say anything.
If you are new to recovery or a visitor we want you to know that you will be coming to a place of love and grace. There is no obligation to share anything when you join us. Just come and find out about CR, ask questions and determine if it is a good fit for you.
If you feel that Celebrate Recovery is a ministry that you would like to connect with please contact Allan Brown at 712.253.6233 to find out how you can get involved!
*Childcare is available if scheduled ahead of time.